Project Graduation 2018
2018 PG Important Dates:
March 23- Artwork contest ends(DHS, PHS, THS)
April 9- Raffle Ticket Sales Begin (all schools)
TBD- Final Committee chair meeting
May 31- Student t-shirt delivery at graduation practice (DHS, PHS, THS) VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
June 1, 2018: Early Release- Set-up begins at noon!
June 1 2018: Project Graduation 10pm until 3am (Searcy Center)
June 2: Clean-up (Searcy Center)
Graduation is right around the corner and it is time to prepare for Pearland Project Graduation and we need your help! You do not have to have a graduating senior to be a part of this special event.
Project Graduation is an after graduation drug-free and alcohol-free party given to the graduating senior classes from Glenda Dawson High School, Pearland Senior High School, and the Robert Turner College and Career High School.
The celebration is to honor our graduates and held in the memory of Leon “Coach Sab” Sablatura- a teacher, coach, and one of the founding members of Pearland Project Grad. His dream of a positive, substance abuse-free future for every student continues through our organization: Pearland Community Drug and Positive Attitude Program.
We are a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the State of Texas and the IRS.
Students will enjoy a “once in a lifetime” fun filled night with food, activities, games, and prizes. Each student will pledge to arrive and remain drug free throughout this celebration. In return, he/she will leave with fond memories with their friends and maybe a prize or two!
We leave with the knowledge that lives were saved! However, we need your help. Help us protect your child’s life by supporting this worthwhile cause. Here are a few ways that you can help keep our graduates safe:
- Encourage your child to attend Project Grad- they can always go to the beach but they will NEVER have this opportunity again in their lifetime!
- Encourage your child to sell his/her raffle tickets- tickets cost $10 each and allows the buyer a chance to win a fabulous prize! Prizes are: an Astor’s Prize package ($700), a Jonathan Joseph Autographed Helmet ($500), a Yeti Prize Package ($500), an Apple Watch Series 3 ($320)
- Buy some raffle tickets- the tickets your child sells puts their name into a drawing for a SUPER GRAND PRIZE that only graduates can win! Student must sell at least one book)
- Volunteer to serve as a committee chairperson or member- we need go getters, people with contacts within the community, along with parents to supervise the activities/games.
- Donate prizes for the event- gift cards are always welcome!
Remember, you do not have to have a child graduating to be involved. We want parents with young kids to help ensure a strong future of PG.
Thank you for supporting the students of Pearland ISD.
Project Grad Forms:
Interested in volunteering or just need more info? Give us a call or fill out the form below: